Lowell Gauge

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 18:08:34 -0700

Not sure how to get to it exactly.  Also, I'm wondering why it started
leaking like perhaps I crushed it in my tool kit by accident and it may
have cracked the glass that holds the liquid.  So a repair seems not
likely to work.  The website Ron gave does have various vials  and I
suppose I could send them this one to duplicate, but that might be a
breach of the patent.  I did zip Tom Lowell and email but have not
heard.  Schaff tells me he is not interested at present in putting them
back into production.  Probably not enough profit in them.  I am curious
how others measure downbearing accurately without it.  There is the dial
gauge and I suppose you could use a rocker with a feeler gauge...

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Jon Page
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 3:35 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Lowell Gauge

David,
Can you heat-seal or apply some sealant to the ends,
drill a small hole in one end, insert more liquid and seal the hole?

Inject a syringe, withdraw air from the bubble, inject liquid.
Haven't tried it but it seems like a plan.  Does the sealant
at the end even need a hole drilled first?
--

Regards,

Jon Page