My Son

Richard Gullion pianoguy@rogers.com
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 18:53:36 -0400 (EDT)

Just the other day a client asked me what about the future. Do you have anyone to take over for you. I felt very sad at the thought, as I have 4 sons 19 right up to 29, all off on their own. None have ever expressed even a minor interest. I have a steady tuning list, repair clients, and a huge assortment of books, tools and advertising from times past. A wonderful museum for the piano lover. It now has me thinking if its all been worth the effort, study, and building of a business that may come to an abrubt halt.

Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:  List
    This week is a good week.
  My 19 yr old Nocturnally oriented musician Son, Dennis, who has worked part time in the shop, finally came to me  at 6:30 am Tuesday with a hug & a smile  & says I want your job. ........I bout fell over. I asked him if he was getting married .  Nahhh..  no girl friend.  He says I need to learn all the stuff I don't know yet. WOW!!!!!!!! Especially the wood working stuff. hmmmm
    It's tough searching for direction at the age he is & honestly I was the same age when I did the same thing to my DAD. I'm guessing from what he says now he was just as shocked as I am today
   It's a great feeling. I hope it works out but I want it ot be the right thing for him. He already does all the hammer prep, boring ,hanging etc. He helped me fit a block to the flange the other day. It doesn't get any better than this . Besides I could use a break & another belly man here
  Regards
  Dale

Richard
the "Piano Guy"