bridge pins and Mike Kurta Visists Bergen

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Tue, 03 May 2005 20:24:40 +0100

Hi folks

The recent back and forths on bridge pins prompted me to draw up a short
text on the matter which explains clearly why I disagree with the latest
list theory some few here seemed to have accepted. You will find it at

http://www.pianostemmer.no/brekne/referhtml/stringseating.html

I wont be monitoring replies so any comments you wish me to read can be
sent to this account.

Also.. I thought I'd mention that a good list friend in the person of
Mike Kurta visited Bergen with his wife today.  We spent the day
checking out many of the highlights Bergen has to offer, including a
visit to Edward Griegs home. Edward Griegs Hamburg from 1880's was a
real treat to see. Mike had a great jig for splicing broken shanks for
me as a little suprise gift. Put a big warm smile on my face.  So many
of our list members have such a wonderful capacity for friendship and
good will. Its great fun for me to show those of you who pop up here
around my home, so to anyone that does plan a trip over here... dont
hesitate to call.  Thanks Mike (when you read this !) for giving me a
call. I enjoyed the day immensly.

Cheers
RicB