Inharmonicity factors

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Tue, 3 May 2005 10:36:47 -0400

Trent,

Your idea is fascinating.  I think some of the best results that this list
produces (when possible!) comes from standard empirical science: proposing a
theory to describe Real-World observations, and testing it, including
predictions of results not yet measured.

I've been puzzled by a casual survey of iH readings that I've taken.  I
thought it would be obvious to spot the difference between a spinet and a
concert grand, or to otherwise tell a "good" scale from a "bad" one, just by
the numbers.  (Maybe it *is* possible, and I don't know how; or I've
measured wrong; help welcomed).

For example, attached are some of the confusingly similar numbers I've
gathered.  Which of these stick out to you?  Does this match your theory of
ratios of different elasticity?

--Cy--

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: iH_graph_small.JPG