Inharmonicity factors

Jason Kanter jkanter@rollingball.com
Wed, 4 May 2005 06:31:16 -0700

I would just delete the C3 reading - seems like it might be a faulty
reading - would re-measure on a different C3 string and also sample B2 and
C#3 to see more precisely whassup.

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Cy Shuster
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 6:01 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Inharmonicity factors

OK, that makes sense; smoothness in everything across the keyboard is what
we want.  With TuneLab, I measure iH across the wound/plain string break to
determine when to use it's "split-scale" mode.  Robert suggests that more
than a 20% jump in iH should trigger use of this mode.

To my surprise, I found a big jump there on a 1983 Yamaha U3, which I
thought should have a pretty good scale (since it's so big).  Anything funny
with this particular scale?  (See attached screenshot of iH).

--Cy--