No Shows - was: reminders

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks@yahoo.com
Fri, 6 May 2005 09:23:26 -0700 (PDT)

Do any of you still insist on a service call fee even if no one is at home for the appointment?

As a private piano instructor, my monthly fees for lessons are a flat rate, whether the student chooses to attend or miss his/her lesson.  My fees are not lowered or refunded for missed lessons.  I also require a two week notice when a parent tells me that their child is quitting.  So that means they are financially responsible for the next two weeks whether they choose to attend or miss.  That gives me time to replace 'em, without losing income.

I was just wondering if there was any way to incorporate this with our clients.  Probably not, but I wanted to ask if it would be legal.

Matthew Todd