Crumbling music desk on Y.C.

Piano Forte Supply pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Fri, 06 May 2005 12:50:46 -0700

Carman - Great that Y.C. will honor their warranty.  For other pianos
out there, I stock and can supply strips of black patent suede for grand
music desks.  This is not a plastic material, rather a special fabric
for this purpose.  I shouldn't crumble with age.  Of course, there may
be some wear over the years, but it will never look as unsightly as  the
music desks with cheap black felt, which seems to be the norm.  (If
there is enough demand, I can bring in brown as well)

I carry strips in 1 3/4 or 2" width (or cut to suit).  Samples available.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
www.pianofortesupply.com
"we've got the good stuff"
 -------------------

Carman Gentile wrote:

>   My client has a 1990's Knabe grand  (made by Young Chang)   On the
> music desk, the material on which the sheet music rests  is degrading
> and crumbling into coarse dust particles. It looks unsightly and the
> debris is falling into the tuning pin area. The material that is in
> there is not suede. If you push your thumbnail into it there is a mark
> left. As if it were some sort of plastic. Any idea on what they used
> to use?
>   I finally reached the folks at Young Chang and although they will
> send some replacement suede, I still need to know how to extract that
> old material.
>
> Carman Gentile RPT
> Redwood Chapter

--------------020407070607080804040307