Crumbling music desk on Y.C.

John Fortiner JLFortiner@usadig.com
Fri, 6 May 2005 17:09:43 -0600

------=_NextPart_001_002D_01C5525E.66014590
See red insert below.

John Fortiner

Billings, MT

  _____

From: Piano Forte Supply [mailto:pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 1:51 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Crumbling music desk on Y.C.

Carman - Great that Y.C. will honor their warranty.  For other pianos out
there, I stock and can supply strips of black patent suede for grand music
desks.  This is not a plastic material, rather a special fabric for this
purpose.  I shouldn't crumble with age.  You will probably crumble with
age!!! :-)Of course, there may be some wear over the years, but it will
never look as unsightly as  the music desks with cheap black felt, which
seems to be the norm.  (If there is enough demand, I can bring in brown as
well)

I carry strips in 1 3/4 or 2" width (or cut to suit).  Samples available.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
www.pianofortesupply.com
"we've got the good stuff"
 -------------------

Carman Gentile wrote:

  My client has a 1990's Knabe grand  (made by Young Chang)   On the music
desk, the material on which the sheet music rests  is degrading and
crumbling into coarse dust particles. It looks unsightly and the debris is
falling into the tuning pin area. The material that is in there is not
suede. If you push your thumbnail into it there is a mark left. As if it
were some sort of plastic. Any idea on what they used to use?
  I finally reached the folks at Young Chang and although they will send
some replacement suede, I still need to know how to extract that old
material.

Carman Gentile RPT
Redwood Chapter

------=_NextPart_001_002D_01C5525E.66014590