HOME DEADLINES

Joel A. Jones jajones2@wisc.edu
Sun, 08 May 2005 12:23:05 -0500

Dale,
I am very happy you asked about the 'Restoration Showcase' because it=20
gives me a chance to
emphasize one of the many new additions to the HOME Institute.

Dig out your Institute brochure that was mailed out several months ago=20=

and look for
  the glamorous photos of the Institute Committee.  The next page (#7)=20=

lower paragraphs
  list the 'Upright Piano Restoration Showcase' and the activities in=20
this event.

PTG Award winning members, and past Institute Directors  Gary Neie, Ben=20=

McKlveen,
and Wally Brooks will be holding classes Thursday, Friday and Saturday.=20=

  Their challenge
is  to restring, replace hammers, butts, and shanks, etc. and to=20
Restore this piano with the
novice assistance of interested volunteers.

Their goal is to put this old upright into the best condition possible,=20=

and perform
on it at Sunday Chapel.  Think they can do it???

See you in KC.

Joel

of
On May 8, 2005, at 11:05 AM, Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

> =A0 Restoration showcase? What does this mean. When I inquired of Kent=20=

> Swafford about a=A0 re -builders display or "restoration showcase"=A0=A0=
=20
> there was no such thing happening. So has that changed? & if so who=20
> got invited. Not me. Any body? Or is politics taking over...
>  =A0 Any body else
> =A0=A0 Dale Erwin
> Master Classes, Restoration Showcase, with double the usual hands-on=20=

> and
> vertical service classes.=A0=A0 Don't miss the Mock Shop set-up,=A0 =
and
>  Skills workshops.
> =A0
> =A0