CRESCENDO GRAND PUNCHINGS

Sun, 8 May 2005 20:29:32 +0100

Hello Avery and List
Go for it Avery! Sounds to me as though you have here a  p e r f e c t  =
test-bed!  An accredited pianist and two Model "B". . and post the =
results! I am agog to know the outcome!
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Avery Todd=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 1:21 PM
  Subject: Re: CRESCENDO GRAND PUNCHINGS

  Andr=E9 & list,

  All this discussion about the new punchings not being thoroughly =
tested yet has given me a thought. We have Abbey Simon on our faculty; =
well-known, respected & a sensitive pianist.=20

  With 2 B's in his studio, maybe I could find out which one he likes =
the most & put the new
  punchings in the other, touch-up the dip & regulation on both (it =
hasn't been done in a=20
  while) & see if his opinion changes!=20

  Or maybe I should do the dip/regulation thing first, then a little =
later install the=20
  punchings. Perhaps that would be a fairer test.=20

  We also have 4 other B's in piano teachers' studios, all purchased at =
the same time when we moved into our new building. I could install the =
punchings only & do nothing else (as Ric=20
  said he did). Even though it wouldn't be a really scientific test, it =
might be very interesting. Most pianists perceptions of touch aren't =
really scientific, anyway.=20

  Then there are 3 D's that have had new hammers installed, plus =
regulation, etc.=20

  What say y'all? Might be fun as well as informative.=20

  Hmmm. Maybe I should contact Jurgen! :-) =20

  Regards,
  Avery