Bounced check

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Mon, 09 May 2005 12:41:13 -0500

There is also something called a "workman's lien", that you can get, which allows you to take possession of the piano (if it's worth the amount of the repairs owed).

At 06:28 5/9/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>You try forever to get the money.  I am still carrying around 2 cards from
>the late 80's of people who still owe me.  I never forget.  Meanwhile, you
>write them off as a bad debt on your tax return along with the returned
>check charge.
>Jim
>James Grebe

That sounds similar to my system.  I use the PTG two-part forms and one of
those alumin(i)um holders.  The top copy, of course, goes to the customer
and the bottom goes in the back of the case.  When I get home the copy goes
in the "to be filed" pile.  However, if no payment has been made (for a
variety of reasons), it stays in the case.  I call that my accounts payable
bin.   Really interesting how long some invoices stay back there, but
eventually they DO move out.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.