Disklavier question

Brad Smith staff@smithpiano.com
Tue, 10 May 2005 06:52:18 -0400

Brett,
There is no such thing as a Disklavier installer, other than the
*Oompah-Loompahs in the factory.
Yamaha only sells them pre-installed.
They won't ever have a self-installed system because they can't control the
quality of the install (among many other reasons).

I'm a certified Disklavier tech, been to their training twice in the past 10
years.
Perhaps I should fly to Maui to go and see this piano with you?   :-)    <G>

If the piano no longer has the Disklavier system, you could consider having
a PianoDisc or QRS system installed.
Or, you could have the old Disklavier system removed as part of installing
one of the other player systems.
But, Yamaha has no "new" system for you to install.  Only software updates,
add on boxes, and add-on circuit boards for some situations.

Best regards,
Brad Smith, RPT
www.smithpiano.com

PS.  * Oompah-Loompahs are the short, busy little people in the Willie
Wonka's Chocolate factory movie.
          I cannot vouch for their piano work, nor for the quality of their
chocolate.  They do work fast, though.