Concert Grand Soundboard Panel Glue-up

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 11 May 2005 21:01:37 -0400

Well, the photo angle might distort things a little - plus the belly =
rail edge, as the panel lies on the table, isn't even close to parallel =
with the edge of the table. I didn't measure the grain angle, but if you =
rotate the panel counter-clockwise on the table to make the belly rail =
parallel with the front edge of the table, you'd have something that =
looks a little more familiar I suppose.

Terry Farrell
    Looks like fun Terry. The grain angle looks straight & not at the =
usual 40 degrees off the spine. Wassup wid dat dude?

    Dale
    Thought some of you folks out there might not have ever seen a large =
soundboard panel being glued up. The picture below is of a panel for a =
Steinway D being glued up with panel clamps. You are looking at the =
panel from the keyboard position - that is, the belly rail edge is in =
the foreground, treble end toward right, etc. Enjoy! I sure enjoyed =
building it!

    Terry Farrell

    www.farrellpiano.com