Grist for the Mill

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Wed, 11 May 2005 21:40:00 -0500

5 cents per year?  Quite conservative.  Happens all the time.  Tuned a
Kimball studio today, last tuned in 1994.  The worst note was 92 cents
flat, average 30 to 50 cents flat overall.  I would say 5 cents pitch drop
per year is quite conservative and happens very often in Missouri.

Actually, pianos that get tuned on an annual basis, with no humidity
control often have a 10 to 20 cent pitch correction needed, and often
more.  You are living a sheltered life!  It would be nice to live in a
place where pianos stayed at the correct pitch.

David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO