Pitch Raise

Thu, 12 May 2005 12:13:54 +0100

Tom - Don't take any notice of these comments. If you want to know =
anything, even though it's documented in the Archives, it is far quicker =
and more expedient to ask. Those in the know can always "direct your =
paths"....
Glad to help.
Went back to Glyndebourne to check out that Katz upright on Rehearsal =
Stage 2 and found it had held up well (in spite of my =
"Quadrantisationing":-) The pianist was delighted :-) - he and the =
Assistant Conductor had spent some  time in playing piano duets =
yesterday (Yamaha C-6/ Katz upright!) - so I fine tuned it then =
tightened up all those wretched Butt-plate screws, aligned the hammers =
and tightened the Butt screws and regulated the touch (was horrid!) =
"We're just about to start - how long will you be?" Only five more of =
these pesky little things to tighten! OK. Back tomorrow to regulate the =
Set-offs. Maybe I should take my mini soldering iron with me - just in =
case... By the way, the hammers on this Katz are so soft we've left off =
the knee-board and the front panel so the sound can flood out. Maybe I =
should have a quick go with some Hammer Hardening Agent?
By the way I call it my "Quadrant System" because it works it successive =
blocks of four notes. I believe there was a heated debate about some =
Pure 12 tuning system on the List a little while back?.. In the true =
essence of that correspondence maybe I should take out a Patent on my =
"Quadrant System" - Non? :-)
Regards froma windy, sunny and beautiful day in the Sussex Downs
Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20