Concert Grand Soundboard Panel Glue-up

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 12 May 2005 11:21:38 -0400

I was hoping someone would ask - that's my new radical rib design - =
flat, thin and parallel with the grain!

Naw....... just kidding........... the clamp hardware is designed for a =
panel at least 16 mm thick, and as this panel is only 8 mm thick, I use =
spacers (they are about 9 mm thick) - they serve to hold the panel flat =
and not let it buckle in the middle anywhere.

Simple, yet very effective and easy-to-use clamps.

Terry Farrell

  Terry - I like those clamps! What are those four longitudinal members? =
Michael G.(UK)

    Thought some of you folks out there might not have ever seen a large =
soundboard panel being glued up. The picture below is of a panel for a =
Steinway D being glued up with panel clamps. You are looking at the =
panel from the keyboard position - that is, the belly rail edge is in =
the foreground, treble end toward right, etc. Enjoy! I sure enjoyed =
building it!

    Terry Farrell

    www.farrellpiano.com