Dyna 2 stripper experiences

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Thu, 12 May 2005 15:21:53 -0400

Greetings list members,
         I would like to ask that any of you report your experiences with=20
Dyna 2 stripper. My own recent trial with the product produced less than=20
stellar results. I originally put orange shellac on a repaired soundboard=20
and found it a little dull so I applied some clear acrylic lacquer over=20
that. After the 3rd coat of lacquer there was a horrible milky appearance.=
=20
A rather severe blush it seems. I tried to rub it out to no avail and=20
ultimately decided to strip it back down. I just had the Dyna 2 sent to me=
=20
and thought I'd give it a try.  I put a thick coat on last night at about=20
10pm and went out to strip it off at 2:45pm today. I found that the product=
=20
was very difficult to remove say the least. It has dried to something=20
similar to PVC-E glue. Kind of a rubbery substance that defies attempts=20
with the plastic putty knife and is even rather stubborn with a metal one.=
=20
I plan to try and get the remainder off with a different kind of stripper.=
=20
Any thoughts or experiences you'd like to share?

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Fort=E9
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net=20
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...