Lindner Pianos

Thu, 12 May 2005 20:29:59 +0100

Hello George
So far as I know there are absolutely no spares for this Irish from =
Shannon piano. Joe Garrett said he'd got one which was in need of a =
replacement action and, like me, he had already replaced the keyset with =
conventional wood keys - and for the same reason you have found. I found =
that when trying to swap round any of those "R" push-in flanges they =
broke. The action flanges are just the same. Total loss really, George. =
I'd drop it if I were you. Tell your client from me he/she would save =
his/her piano tech much headache and trouble were it to be replaced. =
Better off with an old bird-cage upright - at least the parts are still =
available. Sorry!
Regards, Michael G.(UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: George Bartlett=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 11:25 PM
  Subject: Lindner Pianos

  Hi List,
  Yes I worked on one recently. The action  worked eratically at best. =
Again I agree the idea probably was good but the plastic at the time was =
of poor quality with today's standards. In my latest attempts on =
repairing I found that most of the clips attaching the key to the frame =
were all broken on one side only. I changed several around but gained =
little. I also found the jacks stiff, added proteck worked well for ten =
times on the eleventh probably missed ..frustration very difficult to =
get a handle on.  However, I would try my luck again if I could locate =
some good clips.  If anyone has any ideas do drop me a line.
  Nothing ventured
  Nothing gained.
  George