Dyna 2 stripper experiences

FRANCES HELMS fhelms@topeka.k12.ks.us
Thu, 12 May 2005 15:31:16 -0500

Have you tried a heated scraper?  Results?
Just curious, I haven't tried this product yet.
Fran Helms,
Topeka, KS

>>> Greg Newell <gnewell@ameritech.net> 05/12/05 2:21 PM >>>
Greetings list members,
         I would like to ask that any of you report your experiences with
Dyna 2 stripper. My own recent trial with the product produced less than
stellar results. I originally put orange shellac on a repaired soundboard
and found it a little dull so I applied some clear acrylic lacquer over
that. After the 3rd coat of lacquer there was a horrible milky appearance.
A rather severe blush it seems. I tried to rub it out to no avail and
ultimately decided to strip it back down. I just had the Dyna 2 sent to me
and thought I'd give it a try.  I put a thick coat on last night at about
10pm and went out to strip it off at 2:45pm today. I found that the product
was very difficult to remove say the least. It has dried to something
similar to PVC-E glue. Kind of a rubbery substance that defies attempts
with the plastic putty knife and is even rather stubborn with a metal one.
I plan to try and get the remainder off with a different kind of stripper.
Any thoughts or experiences you'd like to share?

Greg Newell
Greg's piano Forté
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net