Quiet Time

Wesley Hardman hardman@hiwaay.net
Thu, 12 May 2005 21:27:50 -0500

Speaking of slow business, I am experiencing the slowest time ever in my =
thirty years of piano work.  It is a tough pill to swallow, to say the =
least, and I can't seem to put a finger on what's going on.  I hate it =
for those who are having the same experience, but I'm glad to know it's =
not happening just to me.  This thing is causing me to really start to =
look at an advertising campaign, which I have never done.  My =
advertising has been done through business cards and word of mouth, and =
at this point, they don't seem to be getting the job done.  Maybe we all =
need to put our heads together to get this thing turned around.

Wesley Hardman, RPT
Scottsboro, Alabama

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:01 AM
  Subject: Re: Quiet Time

  Richard asked: "Anybody finding it slow right now in the piano biz, =
compared to other years??????????"

  BIG TIME! :-( I usually am booked 2-3 weeks in advance. Haven't been =
for several months, even though I send out reminders and call when =
possible/advisable. This week, so far, I have ONE tuning! YIKES! DOUBLE =
YIKES! (Time to check my deodorant or sumpin!)
  However, I do have plenty to do in the shop, so it's not a complete =
loss.=20
  On a side note, our chapter now has more members than the L.A. =
Chapter, so it could be that we've reached maximum saturation for our =
area, seein's how we don't even come close to the population of L.A.!!!! =
Another: YIKES!
  Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police