Grist for the Mill

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Fri, 13 May 2005 06:41:00

Hi Conrad,

I was the one who wanted the humidity figures--and yes it helps to see what
is happening--your 0103 and one year later humidity and pitch numbers show
that the piano would definitely benefit from a bottom cover.

Next time you tune in "dry weather" measure the humidity at the DC
controller. You may be shocked at the results.

What type of "meter" did you get Conrad? How accurate is it as the readings
go lower (or higher) i.e. + or - what percentage?

At 05:35 AM 5/13/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>At 06:15 5/13/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>>>
>>>I hope more folks will do this sort of analysis and post it to the list--I
>>>found Conrad's data *most* interesting! Particularly that the piano was at
>>>436.7 on 01/03 and a year later was 436.7 again. Too bad there was no
>>>measurement of room humidity to go with this!
>
>This what you wanted?
>
>1/03    <24% (old Radioshack meter only goes down to 25%)
<snip>
>1/04    22% - (new meter which reads down to 10%)
<snip

>Conrad Hoffsommer

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/