tilter

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 13 May 2005 20:06:21 -0600

Hi Tom, The smaller pianos tend to want to stand back up by themselves.
So you might want to place the bench under the bottom back corner of the =
piano once you have it tipped. Place a music book or towel on the bench =
to keep it from getting scratched.

I modified my tilter with one inch high sharp toes that dig into the =
bottom board. Since I made the change there never has been a need to =
strap the piano unless the piano is on 4" casters.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: tom driscoll=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 7:21 PM
  Subject: Re: tilter

    Hi list,
    Just got a piano tilter from Schaff . Anyone have any tips ?  I'm ca =
glueing a small 50's console's pinblock tomorrow .

    Thanks,
    Rick Ucci/Ucci Piano
       =20
    Rick,
        Try C.A.ing the piano to the tilter first--- Actually , the =
console will be no problem.  It's the big uprights where the danger =
lives.
        Check out the journal article mentioned in Dave Davis's post.
        Have fun.
        Tom Driscoll