Wanting to become a Piano Technician

Kevin C kevinc@srcaccess.net
Sat, 14 May 2005 13:26:37 -0500

Thanks Doug.  After inspecting this Potter course, I do believe it is =
high quality but it definitely will take a while for me to go through =
it.  There is so much to know about this craft and I am starting to see =
that it is going to be a lifetime learning experience.  I will try to =
find some PTG people to get with.  The guy over in Altus, OK did not =
respond to my email but I will probably try to make the three hour drive =
to Fort Worth or Dallas on occasion.  Thanks again for responding to my =
post and being helpful.

Best Regards,
Kevin Cook=20
http://coyotedream.com

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Doug Renz=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 11:34 AM
  Subject: Re: Wanting to become a Piano Technician

  I am a new Piano Tech and also going through the Randy Potter couse. =
It is very good. I'm going through it
  slower than I would like, but I am learning as I go along.  The course =
is very content heavy, but the most I am learning
  is by just jumping in feet first with fixing and tuning a variety of =
piano's.  I started tuning piano's mostly, but now I
  am beginning to do minor repairs.  Again, I know there is much to =
learn so I am learning as I go.  If you can find
  an experienced Piano Tech you can work with that will be helpful too.  =
The local PTG president where I live has
  been very kind to spend time to teach me different skills and I am =
very grateful for that. =20

  Doug Renz
  Rochester, NY
  doug.renz@gmail.com