Finishing steel plate

V T pianovt@yahoo.com
Sat, 14 May 2005 13:30:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Dale,

I think Minium is paint they originally used on the
Golden Gate Bridge.  They probably arent't allowed to
use it nowadays, but the bridge is still the same
color.

Vladan

---------------------- multipart/alternative
attachment
Hello Dale.

In French, we call "minium" the Pb3O4 lead oxyde, that
is used in anti =
rust paints and primers.  It looks kind of red,
red-brown.  What is the =
US word for it ? I find it often on Bechstein frames
as under layer, but =
not in this Pleyel I'm restoring.  I think it goes out
of use now that =
it is known that lead is bad for health.  But it is
still available =
here.  Is it so critical to address the rust problems
in a steel frame ? =
 Isn't a good primer enough to avoid catastrophies ?

Best regards.

St=E9phane Collin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20