Tuner Recommendation

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sat, 14 May 2005 22:19:54 -0500

> I'd love to see that puzzled look on Ms/r. One-Track's face when s/he is
> asked to tune something other than ET!
>
> Terry Farrell

>> She had it tuned once in the interim but did not enjoy playing as much
>> because the one-track tuner only tunes ET. She has been spoiled by
>> Broadwood Best.
>>
>> She asked for a referral of someone to tune a WT.  Is there anyone
>> in the area who's not afraid of the big bad wolf?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Jon Page

That shouldn't be a problem for him. He can just dial it up on his
ETD and go for it as usual. Surely can't be an aural tuner, can he?
None of them around anymore. How many strictly aural tuners are
there out there who intentionally tune other than ET? I suppose if
he wants to keep that one customer, he should purchase a dedicated
ETD or laptop and software. Does anyone know it he uses an ETD? If
he does, send him a tuning file.

Being myself a one track aural tuner, I know if someone asked me to
tune other than ET, I'd have to resort to Tunelab and try and work
it out from scratch.

The point here is the assumption that the tuner in question is in
question at all. He's judged to be either afraid, ignorant of any
possible alternative, or otherwise non-functional as a technician
because he only tunes ET. Seems to me that's making a pretty
detailed case from very little evidence.

Ron N