Re voicing hammers

Quentin Codevelle quentin.codevelle@tiscali.fr
Sun, 15 May 2005 10:54:53 +0200

Hello Michael and Andre,

A few weeks ago, I learned the exact formula used by the Yamaha concert =
techs to harden the hammers when the pianists want a brighter sound.

Andre, you know this receipe, and I wonder if it would help in Michael's =
case.

It looks like plastic keytop with acetone mix, but it is not exactly it.

So Andre, what are the differences between your method with collodion =
and the method I speak about?
the Yamaha method seems to work in only a few minutes although your =
method needs one day to get the final result.

Quentin