Re voicing hammers/hardening

Sun, 15 May 2005 21:43:55 +0100

Hello Don & List

> Hi Michael,
>
> A. use some "sound reinforcement" with a monitor for the pianist--instant
> results and performer controlled.
We could do that...
> B. Iron the hammers--instant results
I have a large soldering iron with a bent-over tip which I have ground out
round for this purpose - and a couple of "Variacs" to control the voltage.
This is the kit I use for Jolly Roger's system of steaming. Do I iron "dry"
or spray the hammers for this, Don?
> C. a light coating of hair spray--full results in 2 to 3 hours
Hm.m.m.m...... I wouldn't have thought of that one!
> D. More traditional doping methods.
This is probably what I shall do in the end. This piano is only to be used
for this show - about 18 performances spread throught the Season. Then it'll
probably end up in the Instrument Store along with the infamous "Porgy"
piano.

Regards from Darkest Sussex

Michael G.(UK)