Chickering Wippen Flanges (brass)

alan and carolyn barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 15 May 2005 16:45:51 -0500

Assuming you are just talking about the top little pressure plates, I
replaced a whole set of them in a Chick 1/4 grand and it's a pretty simple
job. It will mess up some of your hammer shank/whippen alignments, a
little. The secret to an easier life is to buy (or make) a butt plate
inserter tool. Don't know where I got mine, probably Schaff.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri