Crushed damper stop rail

Mon, 16 May 2005 13:49:38 +0100

Hello Barbara
Why not simply put on a largish size washer under the head of the =
screws? - Just a thought...
Regards from Sunny Sussex. Off to see Cenerentola this evening - all =
three of us including my 7yr old Maxim..
Michael G.(UK)

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Barbara Richmond=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 4:46 AM
  Subject: Crushed damper stop rail

  Hi all,

  I was wondering what your favorite methods were of dealing with grand =
damper stop rails that have been tightened so much that the wood has =
been crushed by the screws, making any fine adjustment, =
well.....impossible.   What have you done?  Just replace them (sigh) or =
would gluing in some sort of shim or filler do the job?

  Thanks,

  Barbara Richmond, RPT