Crushed damper stop rail

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 16 May 2005 10:10:45 -0500

At 09:02 5/16/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks, Conrad,
>
>These screws were in so far, they looked like they were countersunk
>(well, actually, they were come to think of it)!  Most extreme case I've
>ever seen.  Guess the last technician was the Hulk.  :-)   Anyway, now that
>you explained it so nicely,  I can see why I didn't get that nice firm
>feeling.

Just one of the side benefits of tapered wood screws.  I suppose you could
avoid that problem by using sheet metal screws, which are not
tapered.  They are generally panheaded, too, which would help avoid the
problem Jon Page mentioned about interfering with neighboring top
flanges.  I think I'd still prefer wood screws, however.

>Don't you just hate it, when you go to make a minor routine adjustment and
>it gets stupidly complicated (I suppose only complicated because the right
>supplies aren't on hand)?

That's what is generally called a can of worms... ;-}

>  As my grandmother used to say, "Oh, for crying
>out loud."

We must be cousins. I think we had the same grandmother...

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.