Crushed damper stop rail

Piano Forte Supply pianoforte@pianofortesupply.com
Mon, 16 May 2005 12:56:40 -0700

I find the small key capstans gererally used as trapwork up-stops will
bury themselves into any cushion presented to them; after all, there is
the force of a whole foot on about 1/16 of a square inch.  In my recent
trip to Germany, I brought back some custom made capstans for grand
trapwork lever up-stop adjustment.  These are serious pieces of brass!
Bring on the Hulk.

Jurgen Goering
Piano Forte Supply
"we've got the good stuff"

 Thomas Cole wrote:

> If someone has really cranked on the screws, it makes me wonder if
> there isn't a problem with the damper levers being raised too far by a
> Hulk piano player. If that's the case, you might check if there is a
> stop for the trap lever, to limit the lead-footed pedaller.
>
> Tom Cole

--------------020902020805000208000303
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--------------020902020805000208000303