When your day goes in the toilet

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Fri, 20 May 2005 06:34:28 -0500

pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:32 PM
  Subject: When your day goes in the toilet

  From the files of "Embarassing but True."  If you can't laugh at =
yourself, who CAN you laugh at?

  So I finish tuning this lady's piano, and the diuretic effects of the =
morning's coffee kick in.  "M'am, may I use your facilities?"

  "Yes, no problem."  She shows me to the door. =20

  I'm wearing my shop apron.  Don't know why, probably because of the =
convenient pocket space it affords me to put things like my pocket PC =
in(foreshadowing here...)

  Business done, apron back in place--without my IPAQ, which has fallen =
into the (fortunately freshly flushed) toilet.  Flushed for most of the =
day were appointments, Tunelab, contacts, and map functions. =20

  Things to be thankful for:=20

  My wonderful wife, who offered me personalized GPS service via my cell =
phone from her job at the university.

  I tune mostly by ear, anyway.  (4 of the five jobs consisted of =
lowering the pitch on new pianos, 2 by over 20 cents each).

  Since my day was so busy, I'd made out all of today's invoices in =
advance, so at least I had everyone's address handy.

  SD cards, which saved EVERYTHING today.

  Water dries out.

  Computers can come back from a dunking.=20

  It's been a long day.  Time for a glass o' vino.

  Dave Stahl