[Files] Gildemeester and Kroeger Pics

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Sat, 21 May 2005 00:32:36 -0400

List,
     I evaluated A Gildemeester-Kroeger 6' Rosewood grand  C.1890? --=20
resembles  somewhat the Steinway & Sons  A1--With the third bridge.
     Anyway it has the Herrburger action  with the stickers pinned  =20
to the rockers (Snaps in as the Acrosonic stickers do to their Whippens)

     This piano needs rewhatevering -Failed bridge caps -Loose T-pins-=20=

buzzy soundboard-Ivory chipped
     The good part is the condition of the action--Low mileage on the =20=

hammers etc.
     My questions:
     Any advice on dealing with this action ?
     I'm interested in the function of the leather covered part =20
pinned over the rep. lever.
     It engages a small wooden " Knuckle " on the shank.

     My client is leaning toward selling this piano ,but is =20
considering other options.
     Rebuilders out there--Any advice or interest in this thing ?
     Tom Driscoll

=EF=BF=BC

Photos at:

http://tinyurl.com/apu9u