Plate Flexing

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 21 May 2005 14:06:21 EDT

=20
Perhaps I missed something, I totally get it now & agree with  your course o=
f=20
action.
  Thanks
  Dale

To drop the plate  3/4=E2=80=9D (say) at the bass end, you would need to low=
er the=20
dowels half way  between the pinblock and the bass end by 3/8=E2=80=9D.  The=
 dowels aren=E2=80=99
t that tall at that  point.  The plate would be resting  below the level of=20
the soundboard panel.  I think they did bend the plate in  order to try and=20
keep the bridge height uniform.  In this case, in order to achieve  that, th=
ey=20
had to bend it quite a bit.  Recapping all the bridges aside, I  don=E2=80=
=99t see any=20
unbent position for the plate that would allow for reasonably  uniform bridg=
e=20
heights.  Recapping  the treble will allow me to experiment a little though=20=
and=20
possible lower the  bass end a touch by raising the treble corner and=20
trimming just slightly the  dowels in the middle.   =20
=20
David  Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net =20