Baldwin model ID

paulstep41@netscape.net paulstep41@netscape.net
Mon, 23 May 2005 08:06:51 -0400

I need help identifying the model of a Baldwin grand, serial #26263
(built in 1915). It measures 6' 1 3/4" from back of rim to front of
keybed. There are 20 bass notes, with 3 wound unisons at the bottom of
the tenor section. Total number of wound string is 42. This piano is
not a reproducer. Someone at Baldwin customer service suggested it
might be a model "K". Does anyone know of other options? Is there a
specific way to confirm the model ? The piano was apparently rescaled
and restrung about 20 years ago and it gave good service until the
choir using it got a new accompanist. I need to be able to order a new
set of original design bass strings. I would appreciate any help with
this issue. Thanks.

 Paul Stephens
Switch to Netscape Internet Service.
As low as $9.95 a month -- Sign up today at
http://isp.netscape.com/register

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.