Loose S&S bracket

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Tue, 24 May 2005 18:08:39 -0300

Hi Michael,
On replacing the screws in an aluminium rail, I find that turning the screw backwards till it "clicks", and then go clockwise, works.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Michael Gamble
  To: Erwinspiano@aol.com ; pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 7:44 AM
  Subject: Re: Loose S&S bracket

  Hello Dale and Erwin also List
  I cannot say I like the Aluminum extruded action rail. Getting screws back in them without cross-threading when in an awkward space is difficult (to say the least) and I guess one only gets so many wrong goes at this before the screw hole in the Aliminum rail is stripped. Then what? With the S&S may I refer you to Reblitz eccellent answer? I haven't had any problem with S&S to date...
  Regards from a windy South Downs Village
  Michael G.(UK)