Baldwin model ID

Mark & Cinda Towne mstowne@cox.net
Tue, 24 May 2005 21:04:12 -0700

Hi Avery,

I can clarify...I sent my strings to Pianotek.  They were then replicated by
Mapes, who them sent them directly to me.

Sorry for the con fusion...mea culpa.

Mark S. Towne
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Avery Todd [mailto:avery1@houston.rr.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 2:41 PM
  To: Pianotech
  Subject: RE: Baldwin model ID

  Mark,

  I can't help but respond to this. :-) You say......

  At 11:15 AM 5/24/05, you wrote:

    Good morning,

    Using Mapes is IMHO the best option.

  Then you say.......

    I recently sent off bass strings from my 1928 Knabe/Ampico with a note
indicating the serial number and how many wound strings there are on the
bass bridge and on the treble bridge.  Two weeks later, I received a
perfectly replicated set.  Send the strings to Pianotek, and they will take
care of the rest.

  Which one is it? Mapes or Pianotek????? Can't have both! :-)

  Avery

    Greetings from (102 degree) Las Vegas!

    Mark S. Towne