Baldwin ID

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Wed, 25 May 2005 18:59:59 -0700

Terry Said: "Joe, you may be watching all the "recommendations" =
regarding this piano, =3D
but you are not reading the original post! The original post said =3D
nothing about strings breaking."

I need help identifying the model of a Baldwin grand, serial #26263=3D20
(built in 1915). It measures 6' 1 3/4" from back of rim to front of=3D20
keybed. There are 20 bass notes, with 3 wound unisons at the bottom =
of=3D20
the tenor section. Total number of wound string is 42. This piano =
is=3D20
not a reproducer. Someone at Baldwin customer service suggested it=3D20
might be a model "K". Does anyone know of other options? Is there a=3D20
specific way to confirm the model ? The piano was apparently =
rescaled=3D20
and restrung about 20 years ago and it gave good service until the=3D20
choir using it got a new accompanist. I need to be able to order a =
new=3D20
set of original design bass strings. I would appreciate any help =
with=3D20
this issue. Thanks.

 Paul Stephens

Terry,
You are absolutely correct! I misread it! OOPS!
However, NOW I'm wondering why he would want to take a giant step =
backwards and put the original strings on the piano???!! If  the =
"rescale" was even remotely correct, then he would possibly have a =
lopsided sound/harmonic balance, due to the "rescale". It appears to me =
that I need more information on this one, to really see where/what is =
the end goal.....?    Paul?????
Since Scaling is one of the things I'm about, (going to be teaching it =
in K.C.), this strikes me as a bit odd.
Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police