First on-line images of the Overs-Kawai 200 grand piano

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Wed, 25 May 2005 23:19:51 -0500

> As someone who knows nothing about soundboards, I have to say that the
> bass cutoff area looks huge!  Is it really that radical a design?

Radical? Not particularly. Intelligent? Without a doubt. it's just a
matter of having a reason for doing something.

> A dumb question I've always wanted to ask: if agraffes help keep strings
> from going out of tune due to side movements, why not use them in the
> high treble, where a small movement has a big effect on pitch?  Too much
> tension up there, perhaps?

Who ever said agraffes helped keep strings from going out of tune
due to side movements? And why would treble tensions make any
difference?

No offense, but where does this stuff come from????

>Why not embed permanent string grooves in
> the capo bar, like a string spacing tool?  (Half-agraffes?)

Here, I agree. Why the heck not?

Ron N