DC System & Player Piano

Roger Wheelock roger@dampp-chaser.com
Fri, 27 May 2005 16:01:27 -0400

Hello Terry,

Perhaps this would work: 3 or 4 small dehumidifiers suspended in the =
back on the diagonal between the support braces, humidistat in the front =
on the sidewall, backside cover on the back.  This requires the =
dehumidifier cord(so) to pass from the back to the front.  A hole may =
need to be drilled in the corner of the soundboard.  With the use of =
Add-An-Outlets and a Super Plug the size of such a hole would need be no =
bigger than the power cord.  This is not a standard model for us.  =
However, I would work with you on this if you are interested.  I really =
can't visualize this piano well, so please provide me with your =
thoughts.

Thanks,

Roger
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, May 27, 2005 1:58 PM
  Subject: DC System & Player Piano

  I have a client that wants a DC dehumidification system installed in =
their piano. It is one of those nasty Aeolian console players (Standard) =
from the 70s or so. The bottom area behind the knee board is just =
jam-packed with player stuff. Not much room for a rod and humidistat. =
And then I would be concerned about putting a rod to close to a =
heat-sensitive player component.

  Anyone know anything about such an installation - like yes or no - =
where to put the DC components, etc.? Thanks.

  Terry Farrell