Pounder

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 28 May 2005 04:54:08 -0400

And about how long do you find you need to attack each key to get to =
some level of regulation stability? Do you also use this device on a new =
$4K ivory key set?

Terry Farrell
  Okeedokee!<G> You hold it on each key, when the action is in the =
piano. I suggest you have a fairly good regulation for this. Of course, =
once you're done with this little job, the regulation will be =
gunny-sack!<G> However, you will have burnished all the moving parts, =
that you put teflon on, etc.
  After, it's time for a fine regulation. Kinda like pitch raising and =
then fine tuning.<G>
  It takes a bit to get the feel of how to hold the "pounder" on each =
key, but the learning curve is short. Too deep and it doesn't work the =
action. Also the Jig Saw will bounce! (Yikes!<G>) Too shallow and you'll =
get pppppp where the hammer only hits the string every few strokes. When =
you are in the "zone" the pounder will create a FFF rapid playing. (Wear =
Ear Protection!!!!!)
  Of course speed is important. I usually set it at a tempo of about =
180, on the metronome scale. Sometimes a little faster in the treble and =
a little slower in the bass. Truly, tis a fun toy ..er tool, to have!<G>
  Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I