Self voicing/Pounder

alan forsyth alan@forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Sat, 28 May 2005 16:49:04 +0100

I've had one of those 88 note action pounders for years. It doesn't =
touch the keytops at all. It's a Gulbransen player pneumatic action =
stack!

AF
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe Garrett=20
  To: pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 3:12 AM
  Subject: Re: Self voicing/Pounder

  Dave Davis said: "I have a couple of extra jig saws laying around, =
maybe I can get 85 more and make my own pounder!!"

  Sometimes I am overwhelmed by some of your propensity for raw-boned =
laziness!<G>
  JUST USE ONE JIG SAW! Get it??????
  I takes a few minutes to do all of the keys, but well worth it.
  Del has a very sophisticated/huge thingee that is, in fact, an ALL KEY =
POUNDER. He's had to tweak it to make sure it didn't destroy the keytops =
in the process! Yikes!<G>
  This thingee/Jig Saw Modification, I'm talking about, is cheap and =
very efficient, as it's hand held and YOU control the derned thing!<G> =
(Disclaimer: for those of you that couldn't fix a hang-nail w/o drawing =
major blood....DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, [or in the  customer's =
  Regards,

  Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I