Pounder

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 28 May 2005 09:28:54 -0700

Terry asked: "And about how long do you find you need to attack each key =
to get to =3D
some level of regulation stability? Do you also use this device on a new =
=3D
$4K ivory key set?"

Terry,
Usually 15-30 seconds will suffice. And, YES, it can be used on Ivory. =
The dowel has two front rail punchings, stacked/glued on the dowel. Then =
the VERY SOFT Buckskin is stretched over the end, glued and clamped with =
a chunk of piano wire. The whole feel is that of a finger. On the end =
that inserts into the Jig Saw, I took an appropriate sized screw and =
flattened one end and filed/ground it to the appropriate configuration =
to mimic the appropriated saw blades, used on this Jig Saw. Then I =
screwed it into the dowel w/some epoxy as lubricant/fastening. The sides =
of the dowel were flattened/thinned to clear the declevity plate. It =
probably took about an hour to set it up for use. I've been using it for =
many years and have never had a problem with damage to the =
keys/piano/self. Initially, it was purchased at a Used Tool store, for =
very little bucks. Even a new Jig Saw is fairly cheap these days.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I