The Future has arrived

Brad Smith staff@smithpiano.com
Sun, 29 May 2005 12:55:55 -0400

Hi All,
To anyone who has followed my use of online scheduling, the state of the art
just reached a higher state!
I just got the PalmOne Treo 650...it's a PDA smartphone.
http://web.palmone.com/products/smartphones/treo650/index.jhtml;jsessionid=C
Y5LJQTO4EMSQCQFGJDSFFIKAUZEMIV0
It combines my cell phone, PDA, digital video/still camera, mp3 playe all in
one, among other things.
( I'm not sure, but I think it's possible to call in artillery strikes with
this thing.)

Now, my whole database is always on my phone, and I can call anyone in that
database with one click...no dialing required.
When someone books an appointment online, their info comes to the phone as
an email .vcf and appointment .vcs.
Both click straight into my calendar and contacts list, which gets sync'd
with the database on the desktop pc.

I can take a call from someone, check my schedule, and book their
appointment online while talking to them from the same phone/pda.
When the callback messages piled up in my written notebook, I had to pull it
out, dial the numbers, and try to catch people while I drove the car.
Now, I can hit 'DIAL' and watch the road instead.

And, I got a wireless Bluetooth headset thing so I don't get tangled in the
headset cord anymore. ( I might get my ear pierced so that I can permanently
attach it).

Almost zero data entry, 24/7 scheduling online and the ability to call
dozens of people back from the road, while driving and eating a sandwich.
It has a fairly cool web browser, so now I can mapquest anything on the fly.
You can snap pictures, edit them with drawing tools, and email/save them to
hearts content.

Cost is cheaper after considering the iPAQ, cell phone, and air card that I
formerly used for web access.
Now, I'm going to cancel my business land line and the air card account, so
the cost is actually less, but the technology bang is bigger.

See ya in Kansas City!

Best regards,
Brad Smith, RPT
www.smithpiano.com