Piano Mic Configuration

pianolac@bestweb.net pianolac@bestweb.net
Mon, 30 May 2005 15:33:21 EST

The party who posted that comment on the Neumann pinboard was none other
than yours truly.

Since then, I have acquired a pair of Neumann KM140's, which are even
better than the old KM84's.  As soon as she heard the recording of her
A-III through those mics, my wife immediately commented that that was the
best reproduction of her piano's sound she had ever heard.

That being said, you would be doing yourself a diservice if you failed to
try the AEA R92, a new ribbon mic designed for close micing.  I have owned
a similar mic (RCA 77DX), that has inferior high end to the R92, but even
that ribbon did soemthing that no condensor does.  Go to
www.ribbonmics.com, call AEA, ask for Matt, mention Arthur.

Arthur Grudko

Hello, I found a post in the neumann forum about micing a piano.