Some Very Important Deep Breathing ....

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 30 May 2005 22:16:41 -0500

Well, I guess that's a fair to partly cloudy question and—as the cow walking through tall grass said—I am udderly tickled to answer it for you...

In private correspondence, Bill has been very helpful to me. Like so many on the list, he seems to have a rich store of knowledge and experience to share. Also, like so many on the list, he is a man of strong opinion and short fuse, perhaps. You gotta admit, the conversations were lively! But some folks did seem bent on driving a stake through his little old Equal Beating heart for reasons that, I admit, I didn't fully grasp...

So I say, "sticks and stones .... but graphic represenations of font characters on a computer screen can never hurt me—unless I let them (thank you Elinor Roosevelt)."

And remember, O List, OJ is still out there searching for the real killer. And that great humanitarian, Rodney King, actually did say "Can't we all just get along?" right before being arrested for beating the hell out of his girlfriend.

If this all seems like rambling, mindless drivel, please note three things:

1.  I am very tired; slept only about two hours last night.

2.  Mindless Drivel is my forte and normal for me, I'm told. (My piano is a different brand than my forte)

3.  I don't really care what you think, anyway. So there!.

Actually, I do. I am secretly sentimental and shamelessly sensitive, a closet concerned colleague, caring confidant, if you will—or even if you won't. As Marshall Gerard said: "Don't tell anyone, okay?"

Psssst, Maybe the one-armed man did it, OJ.

Alan Barnard
More Than Enough of Me for One Day from Salem, Missouri