Kawai lid screws

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 22:09:04 -0400

HTML Message
  Subject: Kawai lid screws

    List,

    I need to repair/replace all of the screws in the piano hinge of the =
lids on a Kawai 7 ft. grand.   Does anyone know off hand what size they =
might be?   I will need a couple of boxes of small brass screws...I =
haven't seen the piano.

    David I.

       =20

    David,

        You have some excellent suggestions for reusing the old screws.

        If you need replacement screws in any finish, I suggest the " =
Bolt Depot"

        http://www.boltdepot.com/

       =20

        They sell in small quantities and have sizes that are difficult =
to find in your local hardware store.

        I recently replaced stripped screws in a 60's Steinway lid with =
longer screws. I think they were # 4 oval head slotted 1 1/4" long

       =20

        Good luck,

        Tom Driscoll RPT