Chinese Pianos

baoli liu baoli_liu@yahoo.com
Sun, 2 Oct 2005 14:29:29 -0700 (PDT)

Ric,

I don't think i am sensitive in any reasonable
criticism,either to myself or to my home country.what
I was trying to remind you by saying "you have to
understand what you are talking about",is what you
said about Chinese piano worker is simply untrue.or it
won't hurt if you think it was a indirect criticism
from me.

No matter how knowledgeable you think you are,you may
not deny that there are someone who know more than you
do about Chinese culture;you may not deny that there
are someone who know more than you do about Chinese
piano manufactures.I totally agree with what you said"
We have to be able to be self critical as well as
critical over others." After you criticizing
something,especially something you are not totally
familiar with,please keep an open mind and be ready to
hear different opinions, even criticizes.

Being a list member for 8 years,I am TRULY sensitive
in any (possible) prejudice and insulting against
different cultures and nationalities.I have been
wondering what do you mean by"their tofu bellies"
while you was talking about Chinese pianos...

You ever claimed"The majority of instruments coming
out of China, Indonesia, Russia, and Malaysia just
plain dont work." do you think it is a proper way for
a professional technician to judge piano qualities by
nationality? There are at least a few hundreds of
piano brands ever made in China,not to mention other
brands made in the rest countries,I am wondering how
many asian piano brands you ever worked on or even
heard of? do you feel confident to claim that the
majority of instruments from a certain country "Just
don't work"??

Thanks!
Baoli
       DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...