tuning tips

Ken Streetman ken@kspiano.com
Sun, 02 Oct 2005 20:04:53 -0700

No specific problem just looking for information  I have a # 1 to # 3
not Schaff, but I wanted to know was exactly what you have said you
start tuning and you soon forget about amount of play in the lever. I
didn't think it was a problem just wanted to know what other techs
thought about what was on the link I provided
http://www.pianotuningtools.net/ttips.html

After tuning pianos for 45 years. the exact fit of a tuning lever to a
pin is a no event in my opinion. What you are talking about is the
amount the lever moves before raising the pitch up or down.
Once I get started I soon forget the amount of play in the lever. But I
do have tips and levers from #1 to #3, so before I start I have a gut
feeling what lever I should use.
In Australia we have a great range of Australia, USA, English,
German and continental pianos, so a range of different weight levers and
tips is essential.

What specific problems are you having?

Robin Stevens ARPT
South Australia