phone diagnosis

Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:57:59 +0100

This depends whether your arm-chair detective work cured the problem. I
often get telephone consultations and I am very happy to be able to show
that I really care about their piano problem - whether the caller is an old
client or someone I just don't know at all. If my judgement cured the
problem... No Charge. If it didn't.... No Charge. Chances are if the problem
persists they'll ask me to come and fix it anyway.... then I charge.
Regards from a dark, cold evening in the South Downs Village
Michael G.(UK)

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel A. Jones [mailto:jajones2@wisc.edu]
Sent: 03 October 2005 15:04
To: Pianotech
Subject: phone diagnosis

List,

It is a Monday  !

First thing this morning a call from a regular customer playing a C#.
  " Can you hear that low buzz when I play this note?" .  Well, no.
Play the lower C#.    "Yes, the buzz is there also".

Look far back inside for something on the soundboard.
"No,  I can't open the lid."

Charges $$$.   My lawyer charges for phone consult.

Or, is it good will?
No doubt I will be making a service call, so roll a few more $$ on the
bill.?

How do you all view this situation?

Joel

Joel Jones, RPT